The Learning Technologies Team have been working with Highfields School to redevelop their school website. During the summer, and the first few weeks of the Autumn Term, we worked closely with their in-house designer and senior leaders to move their previous, static site onto the dynamic Squarespace platform. (We also use Squarespace for our website).
The new site includes:
- A completely new design and simplified structure
- A news blog
- A blog for the headteacher!
- A calendar section with list and monthly views
- Integration with the school's Twitter feed
- An area to share letters and other publications with parents
- A gallery of wonderful images from around the school.
The site also adapts automatically to the screen size of visitors, so it is just as usable whether you're on a smartphone or a large-screen desktop PC.
The site has received a very positive response from staff and students. You can see the new site at www.hswv.org.uk.